Saturday, December 3, 2011

The $100 Frame

I always have great ambitions for decorating my house. But sometimes, it's the small things that make a huge impact. It's Christmastime, so we've been decorating! Last year I went to TJ Maxx's after Christmas sale and bought some more Christmas stuff for this year. One item was a glittery sign. I love sparkly stuff.

Very cute, right?! It's on a wall that's about 10 feet long and there's nothing until the Christmas tree about 8 feet away. I felt it just needed a little something. Insert brilliant idea here!

I went to Hobby Lobby to the frame section where all of their picture frames were 50% off. I figured that I'd need a 16x20. Even at 50% off, the cheap frames would be $25. And they looked cheap.

So I went to the clearance section and found a beautiful custom ordered frame that someone cancelled. $27 after the 66% discount. Sweet!!!!

I got it home, had Jon install a tab to hang it, and viola!
That's what it needed. Now it feels right. And the frame I will be using in our room after I get our pictures back from Penney's!

No comments:

Post a Comment