Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Great Gift

I love Pinterest. Every time I get on there just to look, I get sucked into a vortex where time is lost. One time I was on there and saw the cutest idea for making s'mores pops. Basically a marshmallow dipped in chocolate and rolled in graham cracker crumbs.

Genius!

And why didn't I think of that?

With it being Christmas, we were busy for nearly 10 days straight. A few of those nights we had people over. I was fretting just a little bit because one night we were having some big eaters over. I needed to make sure there was plenty of food, and I wanted a little something extra for dessert. I was already making apple dumplings.

Well I had made these people s'mores pops (b/c we need 's'more' people like them) to take home and hadn't even used half of my chocolate. But I didn't want to set out more s'mores pops. Stroke of brilliance!

I did everything like normal, but instead of rolling the chocolate dipped marshmallow in graham cracker crumbs, I rolled it in crushed candy cane!

Hello heaven.

I didn't use lollipop sticks for the fact that I didn't want to spend that much. So I used the red & green straws, cut to my desired length.

Here's the cost breakdown:
$1.14 Bag of marshmallows
$1.69 Bag of semi-sweet chocolate
$1.99 Box of 200 straws
$0.99 Box of candy canes- or take 2 from the tree

$5.81 Total. For an insane amount of dipped marshmallows.

Perfect Gift!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment