Monday, June 6, 2011

A Twist On PB&J

Peanut Butter & Jelly is a massive hit in my home. I think that's pretty true for many homes with small children. If Isabella gets sent a sandwich, 9 times out of 10 it's a PB&J. If we have leftover ham she'll take that because she loves ham. But I rarely buy lunchmeat for many reasons.

Over the years, I've made a few changes. Jelly is great, but honey is even better! First it's better for the kids, but also it has an amazing flavor. We use honey on our pancakes instead of syrup, to sweeten smoothies, on top of toast, to sweeten cereals...the list is endless.

Sometimes I feel bad making the kids just a sandwich, so last night I decided to mix it up. PB, Honey & Strawberry Quesadillas. Oh they were amazing.
Look at the honey and peanut butter melted together into ooey gooey goodness.
Add a carrot and you've got a yummy meal. The kids loved it. When they eat in silence, you know it's good.

1 comment: