Friday, January 14, 2011

16.4 Pounds of Oatmeal

Most containers of oatmeal that you buy from the store are about 2.6 pounds. I happen to have one mamajama of a bag. For your enjoyment:




My Grampsy bought this for me in Kalona, IA. Kalona is a cute city full of Amish stores, cheese factories, Amish bakeries, antiques and so much more. It's a great place to spend a day or two.

The little grocery store where Gramps bought me this is full great buys for the normal person. They do not take coupons, but you'll still walk out of there with a ton of groceries for a small amount of money. This massive bag of oatmeal cost a whopping $6.89. He also got me 5 pounds of natural peanut butter (peanuts only) for $12. Yep, that's amazing.

What am I going to do with 16 pounds of oatmeal? Well, over time it will get eaten. I've made about 4 loaves of Oatmeal Bread (a little deceiving since there's only 1 cup of oatmeal but still yummy), meatloaf, oatmeal for breakfast about 2 times a week (one day even for lunch) and...we're in a bit of a rut.

So if you have any recipes that call for oatmeal, send them my way!

2 comments:

  1. Granola is yummy and easy! http://crumbsandchaos.blogspot.com/2010/07/perfect-way-to-start-your-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally going to try that! Thanks for the recipe b!!!

    ReplyDelete