Monday, January 3, 2011

Three Little Kittens Project

So I took the day off yesterday, though I had millions of topics swimming in my head, to bounce my project idea off my hubby.

This would be us at an Elton John concert.



I won the tickets.

10 years of marriage...

Anywho. He is my best sounding board.

I had an idea for a project that I kind of perfected yesterday with his help. I've decided to call it 'Three Little Kittens'. Here are my 3 kittens



They like to be goofy.

But the break down is simple, I'd like to collect mittens and gloves to donate to children in need. Not used, but new. They don't last long, so used isn't really the best. Believe me, I've tried passing gloves down with my girls.

I'll be collecting them all year long, and my kittens and I will be making a tree out of chicken wire throughout the year. Set by set, we'll build the tree. Then at Thanksgiving we'll give the gloves and mittens to children in need! I'm toying with the idea of having the children give back by helping their teacher with a task...perfection takes time.

If you'd like to help, that would be amazing. Winter gear is getting ready to be super cheap, making the cost pretty minimal. Shoot me a message and I'll tell you where to mail them. May your new year be filled with blessings!!!


Thank you Wikipedia for this first verse:

Three little kittens, they lost their mittens,
And they began to cry,
Oh, mother dear, we sadly fear
That we have lost our mittens.

What! Lost your mittens, you naughty kittens!
Then you shall have no pie.
Mee-ow, mee-ow, mee-ow, mee-ow.
You shall have no pie.

2 comments: