Wednesday, January 19, 2011

RetailMeNot

Shopping with all three of my kittens in tow can sometimes feel like I'm taking toothpicks to my eyes. I'm not being dramatic. If it weren't for my wonderful husband, I'd never get any shopping done at the mall. Here he is with our kittens. He took them on their bikes while he ran. Such a good daddy.

Over the past few years, online shopping has become more and more enjoyable. If I'm on the company's e-mail list, then I get discount codes in my inbox. Sometimes free shipping offers on top of the discount code. Add that to a sale, and my budget dollars are going to go so far!

I have discovered a wonderful site called RetailMeNot. When I'm shopping online, and close to checking out, I'll head over to this website in another tab. When you get there, you simply enter the website you're shopping at and it will bring up any coupon or discount codes that other users add to their database. To the left it will tell you how often it has worked for others.

Before Christmas, I wanted to get something at an online store for women with the initials VS. I hopped over to RetailMeNot to see if there were any current codes I could use and I hit gold! I got 2 pair of underwear and a perfume set for free. Nearly $70 of merchandise for free! So after shipping and tax I paid $24.

Gymboree does a lot of one time use coupons. People sometimes post their codes on RetailMeNot and it's first come first serve. I haven't ever gotten to use one, but that doesn't mean you won't. So before you check out online, head over there and see if you can stretch your dollars farther.

No comments:

Post a Comment